Our Top Picks for the Best Ant Killer Products in Australia (External Ant Control)
At No. 3 ANTHEM Ant Granules containing Fipronil - $38.65 (1.8kg Pack)
This ready-to-use product is the number 3 option for destroying ants around your property. ANTHEM contains a non repellent active ingredient which is coated onto a silica granule (The active ingredient in ANTHEM is also found in the product Termidor). Once applied to the exterior ant nests and trials, ants pick up micro-fine particles of the active and share this among the ant colony. The slow acting posion works its way throughout the colony and resuls in a cascade kill effect. As worker ants are killed the colony colapses and the queen dies.
The benefit of ANTHEM SG and why it makes the TOP 3 list, is that it works on all ant species, regardless of food preference.
At No: 2 AMDRO Ant Bait - $134.95 (454g Professional Pack)
Amdro Ant Bait remains one of the most highly effective professional pest control products on the market and enjoys a stellar reputation because of its quality and efficiency at killing ants.
For use against the Coastal Brown Ant, Singapore Ant, Tropical Fire Ant or Ginger Ant, Red Imported Fire Ant and Greenhead Ant
How does Amdro work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeB4Kuehzc4
Amdro ant bait uses the active ingredient Hydramethylnon, which works as a slow-acting toxin that needs to be ingested. Over time, Amdro has a devastating effect on the forraging ants and results in the elimination of ant nests and stops ants dead.
EASE OF USE:
AMDRO Ant Bait Granules are easy to use so long as you follow the instructions. The bait cannot be applied to wet ground and should not be ingested. You can sprinkle the granules around the perimeter of your house and then leave them, so there is no extra work.
Available from PestandLawnWarehouse in a large 454gram Professional pack.
Amdro has a stella reputation and is a proven performance for homeowners in particular in eradicating protein feeding ants. Due to this, we have rated AMDRO Ant Bait the Number 2 on our list of the BEST External Ant control products.
The Number 1 External Ant control product in Australia is;
Termidor 1L Liquid Termiticide & Insecticide (Fipronil 100g/L) FREESHIP* - $194.99 (Termidor 1L Fipronil 100g/L SC)
Termidor is unique because it controls ants through direct and indirect contact with its active ingredient Fipronil. Ants need only make contact with other ants that have been exposed to Termidor. This "Transfer Effect" means you'll see Termidor affecting ants in one to three days and most species will be controlled within the first week following the treatment.
Most over-the-counter DIY pest control sprays found at 'Bunnings' are repellent to insects. These older repellent chemicals when applied to where ants nest and trail result in a “pheromone budding effect', in which foraging ants, become separated from their nest and queen and start new colonies. This actually makes ant problems worse! Because Termidor uses non-repellent chemistry, ants never know it’s there, so they can’t avoid it and due to its delayed toxicity result a transfer of the chemical between worker ants and destruction of the ant colony. This is what the professionals use.
A replica version of the famed Termidor is also now available, called 'FipForce Aqua' available in 1L, 2.5L bottles. Fipforce aqua is the Professional Choice for ants and Termite control in Australia. BUY FipForce Aqua (Fipronil 100g/L) 1L - (Ants & Termites) Termidor Copy - $147.98
**All products sold must be used strictly in accordance with the registered produst label
What Are Ant Prevention Tips and Techniques?
Below you will find some prevention techniques and hacks provided by our pest control professionals.
- Keep all your surfaces clean. That way, you will make it difficult for your ants’ friends to follow the so-called ant trails to find their way to your kitchen and food.
- Vacuum on a regular basis. Focus on the carpets and under-furniture areas.
- Keep your trash sealed. And don’t forget to regularly remove open garbage.
- Store your food properly. Ants are mainly attracted to your food. So make sure you keep it in airtight containers.
- Keep your gutters clean. Gutters provide a cozy warm environment for the ants. So make sure you keep a close eye on the moist areas around your home.
- Clear vegetation and remove wood piles. Rotten wood is what ants adore, so make sure you keep it away from your property. The same goes for trees and shrubs — make sure they don’t touch your house.
- Prevent juice spills. Wipe all spills immediately and deprive the tiny enemy from the opportunity to feed on your leftovers.
- Eliminate easy entry through cracks in the walls.