Merit is a broad spectrum, systemic insecticide which is highly effective at low use rates with excellent control of a variety of turf, ornamental and tree pests.
Low use rates provide a high level of applicator and environmental safety. Merit provides outstanding residual control. The active ingredient in Merit remains in the grass plant for approximately 90 to 110 days.
Key Product Facts
- Active ingredient: 200 g/L imidacloprid
- High level of efficacy against turf, ornamental and tree pests
- Broad spectrum control
- Strong residual activity
- Reliable, high quality aqueous concentrate formulation
- Superior compared to generic competitive products.
- Low use rates.
- Minimum or no odour
Application rates and delivery
- Harmful if swallowed
- May irritate the eyes and skin, avoid contact
- Repeated exposure may cause allergic disorders
- When handling, wear cotton overalls buttoned to the neck and wrist and a washable hat, elbow-length PVC gloves and goggles
- Wash hands after use
- After each use, wash gloves, goggles and contaminated clothing
How to use
- Apply using foliar spray or soil drench methods.
Rate of Application
- Turf: 2.5 L/ha or 25 ml/100 m²
- Ornamentals: 25mL/100 L to 50ml/100 L
- Start treatments prior to establishment of high pest populations.
- For turf, apply in mid-spring at peak egg hatch.
- For ornamentals, apply a thorough cover spray at first sign of an infestation.
- Refer to the product label for treatment of specific insects.
When to apply
- October November December January
PROTECTION OF WILDLIFE, FISH, CRUSTACEANS AND ENVIRONMENT DO NOT contaminate streams, rivers or waterways with the chemical or used containers.
Bayer CropScience Pty Ltd APVMA Approval No.: 59696/5L
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in Australia. Note that there are restrictions on some products.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full kg