Ants inside your pantry can certainly be annoying….. and as many have found out, the DIY ant eliminating products purchased from supermarkets, never seem to quite fix the problem and typically make it worse!
Treating ants can be difficult, however with a little investigation and the right choice of product it can be quite straight forward and very effective.
Our Top Pick for the Best Ant Killer – Internal use are all ant baits. Ant bait contain highly attractive ingredients primarily targeted to either sugar feeding or protein feeding ants. The key to a successful ant treatment is to study what the ants are attracted to within your home (carbohydrates or protein foods) and select the right bait below.
Optigard ant gel
(Attracts and Kills All Ants)
*Product must be applied in accordance with the product label
Tips on Choosing (and Using) the Best Ant Killer
There are various types of products for ant control. Your ultimate choice depends on your circumstances and the types of ants that are hanging out getting all comfy at your home.
What to Consider When Choosing Ant Killer Remedy?
Before buying the very first ant killer that catches your eye, consider the following crucial questions:
- What type of ants do you have? (Sweet ants or meat ants)
1a. Investigate what the ants are eating, this will determine the ant product you need. If unsure use a non-repellent product that targets both sweet and meat ants like Clearout.
1b. Make sure you check the packaging of your ant killer before you make any purchases. The packaging should indicate the type of ant the product is designed to kill.
- Where do you want to use the ant killer? (Indoor or outdoor)
2a. Are the ants inside the house or external, this is critical to solving ant problems.
What Are Ant Prevention Tips and Techniques?
Below you will find some prevention techniques and hacks provided by our pest control professionals.
- Keep all your surfaces clean. That way, you will make it difficult for your ants’ friends to follow the so-called ant trails to find their way to your kitchen and food.
- Vacuum on a regular basis. Focus on the carpets and under-furniture areas.
- Keep your trash sealed. And don’t forget to regularly remove open garbage.
- Store your food properly. Ants are mainly attracted to your food. So make sure you keep it in airtight containers.
- Keep your gutters clean. Gutters provide a cozy warm environment for the ants. So make sure you keep a close eye on the moist areas around your home.
- Clear vegetation and remove wood piles. Rotten wood is what ants adore, so make sure you keep it away from your property. The same goes for trees and shrubs — make sure they don’t touch your house.
- Prevent juice spills. Wipe all spills immediately and deprive the tiny enemy from the opportunity to feed on your leftovers.
- Eliminate easy entry through cracks in the walls.
Permanently stopping ants from entering your home is not very realistic. However, with a good indoor ant killer solution, you will manage to effectively solve your ant problem on your own, without having to splurge on hiring a pest control professional.These products must be strictly used in accordance with the registered product label.